Featured Post

Introductions

I have been an Elder at the Community Bible Church in Minneapolis Kansas. For 35+ years.  During that time I have been writing these thought...

Sunday, May 22, 2016

What is life all about?


Victory Can Be Yours

(Article 1)



Have you ever wondered; what is life all about?  From an early age, until a few years ago, I would often find myself sitting and wondering if it was really worth it all.  I had no purpose and no direction in my life.  I believed there must be a purpose for everything but I had not found mine.  I would struggle day after day, just barely able to make ends meet.  Why?  What was it all about?  Was it really worth the battle?



I found the answer I had been searching for when I and my family began attending church regularly.  I had been a church goer for several years as I was growing up but had left it in my early teens.  Almost 20 years later I found my search for a purpose to life.  I found that what was missing from my life was a fellowship with Jesus Christ.  What a glorious time it has been for me to learn, grow, and to experience His loving kindness since that time. 



Since that time, I have learned that each person has a monumental choice to make.  The choice you make has eternal consequences.  Some may not believe that there is life after death.  But, what if there is?  If there is life after death, and I am certain there is, what if you have not made the correct choice?  What if you are not prepared for what is ahead?  What if tomorrow is your last day to make that choice?  Our time on this earth, as we know it, is nearing a time of dramatic change.  And I don’t mean as a result of the so-called “climate change”.  Are you ready?



The choice we have to make is between Heaven and Hell.  Where do we want to spend eternity?  Hell is a place where there will be eternally constant suffering and torment.  Heaven is a place of eternal love, joy, and peace.  What kind of a choice is that?  Are you ready?  This is how easy the choice is; do nothing and your eternal destiny is Hell.  Believe in Jesus Christ, and your eternal destiny is Heaven.  It is that simple.  In Acts chapter 16, the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”  They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, ---” (Acts 16: 30, 31)



Jesus, said, “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.”  (John 6:47)  There are so many passages like this that there should be no question of the simplicity of receiving salvation through Jesus Christ.  Many say, “there just has to be more to it than that.”  I will leave you with this; Jesus told Nicodemus, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes on Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”  (John 3: 16)



We can have victory in Jesus! 



More to follow!



Lowell Parrish

No comments:

Post a Comment